Civil Engineer Technologist
We are seeking experienced Civil Engineer Technologists for a new position with our client in Barrie, a top employer in the region.
On the job, the successful Civil Engineer Technologist candidates tasks will include but are not limited to, assisting with drawing and designs, assisting with installations of Sorbweb products and systems and consults on site.
Civil Engineer Technologist Duties: (Not exhaustive)
- Assists with drawings and design work for project/client proposals
- Collect technical and commercial information and data for written report(s).
- Assists with installations of Sorbweb products and systems
- Sets-up and organizes individual work area designated supplies, forms and resource materials
- Prepare technical documents for testing of products and equipment
- New and changed product development, formulation and specification of these products and plant trials.
- Estimates or quotes prices, credit terms, warranties and delivery dates.
- Advises customers on use and care of products, and provides advice concerning specialized products or services.
- Conducting market analyses and presenting findings to the Director of Engineering for acquisition, development, disposition and company investment strategies.
- Promotes Sorbweb products and services at tradeshows, selling and cold calling as required
- Other duties and responsibilities as directed
Civil Engineer Technologist Requirements:
- Completion of a University degree or College diploma in a technical field of study
- Experience in a related field
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office and Internet Explorer
- Strong knowledge of AutoCad
- Ability to work independently as well as cohesively with employees and managers are part of a team
- Excellent problem solving, conflict resolution and interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented and excellent organizational and multitasking skills
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure with simultaneous deadlines
- Flexibility to travel 50% of the time both in and out of the country and must have a valid passport allowing international travel
- Must have a valid Ontario Drivers License to operate own, company and/or rental vehicle and be able to provide a clean driving abstract
- May be required to complete drug and alcohol testing, as applicable
To apply, please submit your "Civil Engineer Technologist" resume in MS Word of PDF format.
Thank you for applying!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $21.00 /hour