Commercial / Industrial Painters
We are seeking a motivated and skilled Painter for a full-time/permanent position with our client at various work-sites in the GTA with some in Barrie.
The successful Painter candidate should have experience in painting for industrial and commercial sites, and use of various machinery and equipment. Knowledge of scaffolding, rigging, ladder work, elevated work platforms, colour blending and matching is required.
- Brush and roll painting, airless spray painting, elevated platform work and swing stage work
- Inspects work to ensure standards are met
- Updates Supervisor on current work progress
- Assists in mixing paints, matching colours and inspecting surfaces for cleanliness
- Advises Supervisor on painting needs and reports colour matching issues
- Requisitions supplies and equipment with on-site Supervisor
- Performs regular scissor lift inspections, maintenance on equipment and site cleanup
- Own vehicle and ability to travel to job sites throughout the GTA and Barrie is a must
- Skill in applying paints and other finishes by brush and spray equipment, mixing paints and matching and blending colours
- Knowledge of standard practices, methods, materials and painting equipment
- Knowledge of various surface materials and how prepare them for finishing
- Experience and knowledge of hazardous waste management and on-site safety precautions
- Ability to make estimates for materials and time requirements for given tasks
- A high school or vocational school graduate
- 3-years of related experience and experience as a Journeyman painter or any equivalent combination of training and experience
Start earning a paycheck this week! Please submit your "Professional Painter" resume in MS Word or PDF format.
Thank you for applying!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent