We are seeking an experienced individual for an open Machine Operator position at our client's production facility in the Peterborough area.
This position consists of cutting and shaping metal, working on a lathe, drill and bend press, and using machining tools such as micrometers and verniers.
Machine Operator candidates should be highly-detailed and precise, with the ability to read drawings and renderings. Prior machine shop and CNC experience required.
Machine Operator Perks:
- Weekly pay
- Benefits available for all workers after 3 months
- Attendance bonuses paid regularly
- Referral bonuses available
- Permanent hire potential
- Supportive staff, available 24/7
Machine Operator Duties:
- Set up, program and operate machines
- Apply knowledge of machine shop theory and procedures
- Shop mathematics and machinability of materials
- Read blueprints, sketches, drawings, and specifications to determine dimensions and tolerance of finished pieces, sequence of operations, and setup requirements
- Use micrometers, verniers to make measurements
- Visually inspect and measure parts for quality/accuracy
- Other duties as assigned
Machine Operator Requirements:
- Excellent focus and attention to detail
- Able to absorb information and learn on the job
- Can take direction
- Can read drawings/renderings
- Machine shop or CNC experience
- Machine set-up experience a bonus
- Steel-toe boots
- Access to reliable transportation
Start earning a paycheck this week! Please submit your "Machine Operator" resume in MS Word or PDF format.