We are seeking an experienced Landscape Construction Supervisor for our client in the Cobourg area.
The successful candidate will lead a crew to successfully complete soft and hard landscaping projects according to design and specifications.
This is a full-time position beginning Spring 2019.
What's in it for you:
- Competitive Starting Wage: $23 - $26 per hour based on experience
- Weekly pay
- Company Benefits
- A foot in the door with a top employer in the region
Landscaping Supervisor Duties & Requirements:
- Must be physically fit and able to work long days outdoors
- 5 years or more experience supervising a team in construction landscaping
- Coach, develop and train staff as required
- Ensure health and safety policies are being followed
- Must be able to manage crews of 3 to 6 people
- Ability to operate equipment for excavation and grading
- Clean Class G with driver's abstract is required (DZ is an asset)
- Daily access to reliable transportation
- Experience in snowplowing is an asset
Experience & Knowledge:
- Commercial and residential landscaping construction
- Grading using Laser Level
- Read and interpret blueprints, drawings and specifications
- Installation of natural stone (flag, armour, etc)
- Installation of interlock paving stone and precast retaining walls
- Identification and planting of trees and shrubs
Post-secondary Horticultural or Landscape Technician Certificate is an asset. Candidates must have keen attention to detail, excellent time management and communication skills.