Assembly Line Worker (Peterborough)
- Full-time hours
- Competitive hourly wage, paid weekly
- Benefits available after 3 months
- Permanent hire opportunities available
Are you looking to get your foot in the door at a company where you can enjoy consistent, full-time hours, while making use of your keen eye for detail and meticulous nature?
If so, you may be interested in an opportunity with us as an Assembly Line Worker.
Who are we?
We are The Staffing Connection, and our mission is to connect job-seekers to local employers, and create opportunities for employment and self-development. We strive to build partnerships that empower both employees and employers to succeed.
We work with a variety of employers in the Peterborough, Cobourg, and Barrie areas, looking for workers for their manufacturing facilities.
As an Assembly Line Worker, you will work on the production line a manufacturing facility, assembling and packing various products.
Your tasks may include:
- Following job instructions carefully
- Assembling of parts, which could include the use of air and power tools
- Performing quality control checks visually and by using measurement tools like micrometers, jigs, and gauges
- Sorting, packaging, and labeling of parts and products
- Meeting production speed and quality quotas
- Cleaning and organizing your work area
- Following all safety rules and procedures, including wearing appropriate PPE
The best assembly line workers are punctual, reliable, and have excellent manual dexterity. They’re able to work at a fast pace but are also detail-oriented which allows them to catch quality issues quickly without slowing down production. They take great pride in delivering high-quality work, while being able to meet and exceed their production quotas.
If this sounds like you, then we can’t wait to meet you.
Working with The Staffing Connection
At The Staffing Connection, we are dedicated first and foremost to our employees. We help our employees develop their skills and network while they earn a weekly paycheque. We offer training, as well as experience and encouragement for success. We love to see our employees grow in their careers, gain new skills, and find meaningful and enjoyable work opportunities with our great clients.
When you work with The Staffing Connection, here’s what you can expect:
- Full-time hours with a variety of available shifts
- Competitive hourly wage, with benefits available after 3 months
- Weekly paycheque
- The full support of a team, dedicated to your success, and available 24/7
- Permanent hire opportunities, along with opportunities for meaningful advancement
- You are not currently employed and/or are available to start working full-time hours immediately
- Physically able to stand for long periods of time, do heavy lifting, and repetitive movements including twisting, reaching, bending, etc.
- Good manual dexterity
- Must be able to provide your own CSA approved above-ankle steel toe boots
- Previous experience working in a factory, manufacturing plant, warehouse, farm, or related is a plus OR experience working in any environment where you had to learn and follow well-defined standard operating procedures (e.g. in fast food restaurants or similar) is also an asset
- Access to reliable transportation is an asset
How to Apply
Please submit your resume online in MS Word or PDF format.
We strive to build a team that reflects the diversity of the community we work in and encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented groups such as women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, people identifying as LGBTQ2SI, veterans, and people with disabilities.
We will review all applications and look forward to hearing from you.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent