Factory Workers (Lindsay)
- Full-time hours
- Competitive hourly wage, paid weekly, with benefits available after 3 months
- Must be physically capable of heavy lifting and repetitive movements
- Seeking candidates who are not currently employed
- Permanent hire opportunities available
You have a strong work ethic and are the type of person who’s dedicated to a job well done, no matter what that job might be. You care about your work, and your results, and are reliable, punctual, and a great team player.
If this sounds like you, we want to meet you.
Who are we?
We are The Staffing Connection, and our mission is to connect job-seekers to local employers, and create opportunities for employment and self-development. We strive to build partnerships that empower both employees and employers to succeed.
We work with a variety of employers in the Peterborough, Cobourg, and Barrie areas, looking for workers for their manufacturing facilities.
As a Factory Worker, you will work in a manufacturing facility to assist in the production and assembly of various parts and products. Your tasks may include:
- Machine operation (which could include operating multiple machines at once)
- Working on the production line and follow job instructions carefully
- Assembling of parts, which could include the use of air or power tools
- Sorting, packaging, and labeling of parts and products
- Pushing / pulling bins or stacks of products
- Completing quality control
- Cleaning and organizing your work area
- Follow all safety rules and procedures, including wearing appropriate PPE
You’ll need to be the type of person who has a desire to meet and exceed your production quotas, while putting out a high-quality product. You work safely and attentively, no matter what task you’re looking after. You can work independently, but also work well with others when teamwork is needed to get the job done. Above all, you care about the work you do, and that’s what will make you successful in this role.
In addition to these qualities, to do this job well you’ll need to be physically capable of standing for long periods of time, lifting, bending, twisting, and reaching. This is a fast-paced and physically demanding job, in which you may be working in hot environments, doing some heavy lifting and repetitive movements.
Working with The Staffing Connection
At The Staffing Connection, we are dedicated first and foremost to our employees. We help our employees develop their skills and network while they earn a weekly paycheque. We offer training, as well as experience and encouragement for success. We love to see our employees grow in their careers, gain new skills, and find meaningful and enjoyable work opportunities with our great clients.
When you work with The Staffing Connection, here’s what you can expect:
- Full-time hours with a variety of available shifts
- Competitive hourly wage, with benefits available after 3 months
- Weekly paycheque
- The full support of a team, dedicated to your success, and available 24/7
- Permanent hire opportunities, along with opportunities for meaningful advancement
- You are not currently employed and/or are available to start working full-time hours immediately
- Physically able to stand for long periods of time, do heavy lifting, and repetitive movements including twisting, reaching, bending, etc.
- Must be able to provide your own CSA approved above-ankle steel toe boots
- Previous experience working in a manufacturing plant, warehouse, farm, or related is a plus OR experience working in any environment where you had to learn and follow well-defined standard operating procedures (e.g. in fast food restaurants or similar) is also a plus
- Access to reliable transportation is a plus
- Ability to pass a criminal record check is a plus
How to Apply
Please submit your resume online.
We strive to build a team that reflects the diversity of the community we work in and encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented groups such as women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, people identifying as LGBTQ2SI, veterans, and people with disabilities.
We will review all applications and look forward to hearing from you.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent